We have over 10 auto insurance companies to make sure we find the right policy to fit your needs in NWA, Central AR, and more. 

Whether you have one car, multiple cars, truck, SUV, classic car, or need RideShare coverage for driving with Uber or Lyft… We Can Help! 


Why do you need car insurance?

Simply… Auto Insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident

Auto Insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company.  You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses as defined in your policy.

An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage.  Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. 

Also, if you are financing a car, your lender will most certainly require that you carry comprehensive and collision coverage.

What is Full Coverage Auto Insurance? 

Well this phrase is thrown around by customers and agents all the time and can be quite misleading because it can mean something different to each person.   Some may consider it to be just liability, comprehensive, and collision while someone else may also feel it should include Uninsured, UnderInsured, Rental, Towing, Roadside, Medical or PIP, Accidental Death coverages.

So, if your are getting auto insurance quotes from different agents ask them to give you a breakdown of their quote by coverage line.

Auto Liability Insurance

Liability coverage is mandatory in Arkansas and most every other state.  You are legally required to purchase at least the minimum limits set by the state you live in and have your vehicle registered.  This coverage protects you (up to your limits) for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage when you are at fault.

  • Bodily Injury – Your liability coverage will pay for the costs related to another person’s injuries if you cause an accident.
  • Property Damage – Your liability coverage will pay for damage you cause to another person’s property while you are driving.

Here is a quick breakdown of Liability Limits.  Whether you have 25/50/25 or 250/500/250 the sequence of what coverage is provided by these numbers are the same, but the amount of liability protection they provide are drastically different.

  • 25 – The first number in the sequence is the amount your insurance will pay for any one person’s injuries in an accident.
  • 50 – The second number in the sequence is the total amount your insurance will pay for multiple person’s injuries in an accident.
  • 25 – The third number in the sequence is the total amount your insurance will pay for property damage you caused in an accident.

So remember if you choose to only purchase state minimum limits (25/50/25) and you hit and total a truck that costs $35,000.  Your insurance company is only responsible to pay for $25,000 leaving you to be personally responsible for the remaining $10,000.  

UnInsured & UnderInsured Motorist Coverage

You could get hit by a driver who doesn’t have insurance (UnInsured) or who someone who has liability limits that are not high enough to cover the costs for the damages to your car or pay for your medical bills (UnderInsured).  This coverage is to protect you from getting into financial trouble if someone hits you and is uninsured and doesn’t have the money to pay out of pocket for the damages.

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive (or known as “comp”) covers damage to your vehicle from things like hail, theft, vandalism, or getting hit by a deer.  This coverage helps to repair or replace your vehicle if it is considered a total loss.  This coverage has a deductible that you chose when purchasing your vehicle so here’s an example.

  • Hail damage costs $3,000 to repair your car and you carry a $500 comprehensive deductible.  Your insurance company would cover the cost of the repair minus your deductible.  $3,000 (cost to repair) – $500 (deductible) = $2,500 paid by the insurance company to cover the damage.

Typically the best way to lower the cost of your insurance is to accept more risk and carry a higher deductible.  The higher your deductible the more it  can decrease the cost of your policy, but remember it also decreases the amount the insurance company is responsible to pay if an incident or accident occurs.

You can have your agent quote different deductibles and see what the cost of your coverage would be, say if you wanted a $500 or a $1,000 deductible.  Then you can see the cost difference and decide if the risk of a higher deductible is worth it to you.

Collision Coverage

If you are in an accident that is your fault, this coverage pays to fix or replace your vehicle if the company determines it a total loss.  Essentially, collision coverage is for when you run into something that damages your vehicle.  This could be running into another vehicle, hitting a fence, street sign, etc.

Similar to Comprehensive, Collision Coverage has a deductible that you chose which can raise or lower the cost of your policy depending on the deductible that you chose.  The higher the deductible you select, typically the lower your premium will be.

Medical Payments Coverage 

If you or your family members are injured in an accident, medical payments coverage may help cover the costs of injuries that were caused from the accident.  These limits can typical be purchased in $1,000 increments up to $5,000.

Personal Injury Protection

This coverage is similar to Medical Payments but is more comprehensive in what it can cover.  Both Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection will coverage medical expenses from an accident, but PIP can also cover income for work loss and / or a death benefit if caused by an accident.

Additional Coverages you can add to your Auto Policy:

  • Rental Reimbursement
  • Towing
  • Roadside Coverage
  • New Car Replacement
  • Ride-Share Coverage if driving for someone like Uber or Lyft
  • GAP Coverage – covering the difference in what the actual cash value of your car is and what you still owe on the vehicle
  • Additional coverage for vehicle accessories that have been added or sound systems


Why do you need auto insurance?
It’s really all about protecting yourself financially.

  • If you’re in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
  • If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
  • If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
  • Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.

Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:

  • How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
  • What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
  • What discounts are available? (See additional information on auto insurance discounts below).
  • What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim).


Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company will notify you by mail or email when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.