The Best Home Insurance Rates & Options in Bryant, AR
Everyone’s Home Insurance needs are different. We have 9 Home Insurance companies to make sure we find the right policy and price to fit your needs in Bryant and all of Central Arkansas.
With Agents in Central AR and NWA, we provide the level of service you want and the multiple options most agents don’t have access to. So while you’re rooting on the Hornets, let us get to work in finding you the best value for your homeowner’s insurance.
How is NSIG Different from other Agents?
- Options – We represent multiple top-rated home insurance companies, because we know you want the best options.
- Save Time – Your time is limited and you probably don’t want to spend all day calling several agents. So why not get 6-7 quotes from one agent.
- Compare – We provide you our Coverage Comparison Summary to make sure you understand the coverage options and what areas you may be missing coverage.
NSIG Home Insurance Comparison
*actual customer savings & increased coverage example
Your part only takes 8 minutes to Get Your Comparison…
Basics of Home Insurance
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property (the home and your stuff in it) and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This can include damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant exceptions are damage caused by Floods, Earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners’ responsibility.
*** Just let us know when getting a home quote if you would like Earthquake or Flood Coverage
Basic Home Insurance Policy Coverage
This is the amount that covers your home and anything permanently attached (light fixtures, dishwasher, etc.). This amount isn’t always going to lineup with the amount you may have paid for your home. Reconstruction costs are typically higher than new construction and the reason why the amount you get quoted or have on your policy maybe higher than a purchase price or current market value.
These are structures on your property that are not physically attached to your home. Some examples would be a fence, shop / outbuilding, detached garage, etc. Most policies typically include 10% of the Dwelling amount so make sure your agent knows if you have several structures or need to look at increasing this coverage.
This is all of your personal belongings in your home and most policies cover a percentage of this amount for offsite locations like a storage building. One easy way to think of Contents is if you turn your house upside down and shake it, everything that would fall out would most likely be Personal Contents and fall under dwelling coverage. One major key here is you want to make sure your Contents are covered as Replacement Cost (the current cost to replace these items) and not covered as ACV, which is the current value minus the depreciation of the item based off the age. Basically, if you have a loss and have to replace a leather sofa you bought 10 years ago for $2,000, do you want what the value of what it’s now worth ($200-$400) or do you want the amount of money it would cost to replace it?
Loss of Use / Additional Living Expenses
This covers any necessary expense that exceeds your normal standard of living. So if you have a loss that causes you to move out while your home is being repaired it can coverage hotel or rental charges, excess food expenses, etc.
This part of your home policy covers you against lawsuits for injury or property damage that you or a family member cause to other people. This can cover damage caused by your pets as well, just make sure there aren’t any animal liability exclusions or coverage buybacks that you need to be aware of if you own a pet. Just make sure and tell your agent about any pets so they can make sure you have the proper coverage. This coverage essentially protects your assets in case you are sued or held responsible for any damages done to others.
This is the part of the policy that covers you if a guest is injured while at your home. This coverage typically ranges from $1,000 – $10,000.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
Simply, do you want to pay for it twice?!? It is really all about protecting yourself financially if and when something unexpected happens to your home or personal belongings. It’s important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
What is the proper value for my home?
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house if is damaged or destroyed.
- What about my belongings? Do I get the current value for my furniture, electronics etc. or do I get what it costs to Replace these items?
- Ask one of our agents to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.
Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service?
What discounts are available?
- Newer Home
- Recent Home Purchase
- Claims Free
- Newer Roof (the newer the roof typically the better rates you will see)
- Home Updates (for older homes)
- Security Systems (even though it won’t save you 20% like the alarm salesmen say it will).
What’s happens if I have a claim?
- This is one of the main benefits of having an agent and not buying insurance online. You have a local person here to help through the process!
We can insure your home or property anywhere across The Natural State…. If you need us, we can help!